If you are in immediate danger, call 911.
Below are links to shelters, services and resources available to women in Alberta.
Women’s Shelter & Housing Resources
Alberta Council of Women’s Shelters
Alberta Council of Women’s Shelters has a list of select Alberta Women’s shelters that provide first and second stage shelter from domestic violence, including emergency hotline support.
The Today Centre
The Today Centre has compiled a list of emergency, first and second stage shelters, along with next-step housing resources.
For a comprehensive list of shelters in Alberta and across Canada, visit ShelterSafe.
- 211- Alberta: Find community and social services.
- Alberta Ministry for the Status of Women: This provincial government ministry advocates for women’s issues across the province.
- Alberta Women Entrepreneurs: Helping women build successful businesses with free advising, loans and more.
- Bent Arrow Traditional Healing Society: Programs and services for Edmonton’s urban Aboriginal population.
- Canadian Mental Health Association: supports for those who are experiencing or affected by mental illness.
- Centre for Public Legal Education Alberta: Find info and resources for about separation and divorce in Alberta.
- The City of Edmonton Housing Information:Get information on how to access subsidized, seniors, and emergency housing.
- Eating Disorder Support Network of Alberta:assistance for those who are affected by eating disorders. This org gives information, guidance, and support.
- Indo-Canadian Women’s Association:Advocates for the protections of rights of immigrant women, men and youth through programs, services and community activities. ICWA works to help immigrants feel at home.
- The Institute for the Advancement of Aboriginal Women:Recognizes, promotes and advances the leadership of Aboriginal women in Alberta. They also offer programming and training opportunities.
- Internet Safety Resources from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police:Online safety tips for parents and individual.
- Legal Aid Alberta: Provides affordable legal services to Alberta residents.
- Pride Center: Community centre for the Edmonton 2SLGBTQIA+ community. Includes access to counselling, sensitive and expert information, referrals, programs and more.
- Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton: Supports for individuals who have experienced sexual abuse or assault. Education for the public about sexual violence.
- Terra Centre: provides supports and services the empower teen parents to succeed.
- Today Family Help Centre:raises awareness and builds capacity by providing immediate, inclusive, integrated services for those impacted by family violence.
- YWCA: a women’s social service organization that advances the wellness and growth of women, girls and families.